- 04 Jan 2022
- 31 Minutes to read
How do I add a Twitter login?
- Updated on 04 Jan 2022
- 31 Minutes to read
You can add a Twitter login option by clicking [+add] in log-in connection settings at [Settings >Sign-up] menu.
* Please follow the following steps to connect to Twitter.
- First, please sign up to Twitter. Be sure to add your cell phone number when you are signing upon.
- Go to https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps and sign in with your Twitter account.
Click [Create an app] on the upper right-hand side corner. Review a message "Please apply for a Twitter developer account," then click [Apply].
▶ Developer Registration
If you are registered as a developer, proceed to the next step, Create an app, directly.
* You need to register yourself as a developer before you can get started with creating an app.
- Which best describes you? Please provide a response. Click on Professional, and you may select Building consumer products. When you completed the selection, click on [Get Started].
- Please fill out all the information required starting from Basic info.
1) Add a valid phone number: Upon sign-up, if you have not provided cellphone information, please click on [Add a valid phone number] and Add phone number on the right with blue characters, then provide a valid cell phone number. You can enter a phone number after you have entered the password. Finish this step by verifying your number by entering the code sent to your phone.
2) What's your name? : Please enter your name.
3) What country are you based in? : Please select a country. If you are based in Korea, please select South Korea.
4) What's your current coding skill level? : Please indicate your coding skill level. You may select No experience.
5) after completing, please click on [Next].
- Please enter all the items required in the Team profile.
1) Legal entity name : Fill in the name of your company
2) Organization Twitter @username: Put in the name of service to be used as a Twitter handle.
3) Website URL (optional): Please enter your main domain.
4) Organization primary country of operation: Please select your country. If you are based in Korea, please select South Korea.
5) How do you categorize your organization? : Please select [Brand: Consumer Products].
6) What industries do you / will you serve? : Please select [Brand: Consumer Products].
7) After completing, please click on [Next].
- Please enter all the information required in Intended use.
- If you are following these steps solely for social log-in connection, the response to the following no. 1) could be provided as a sample response, Indicate the questions 2), 3), 4) and 5) as [NO], then proceed to question No 6).
- If you are registering in Twitter Developer for purposes other than social sign-in connection, please review the questions carefully and fill in the answers that correctly describe your situations.
1) In your word: Please enter how you will use the Twitter API or Twitter data.
"(Sample Response) I would like to have a Twitter developer portal account to add (and provide) Twitter social sign-in function at my site. If allowed, my customers will be able to sign up to my site more quickly and easily through the Twitter social sign-in feature.
There are no plans to use Twitter developer account other than this purpose, so I look forward to getting approval in a prompt manner."
2) Please describe how you will analyze Twitter data including any analysis of Tweets or Twitter users.
3) Please describe your planned use of these features.
4) Please describe how and where Tweets and/or data about Twitter content will be displayed outside of Twitter.
5) Please list all government entities you intend to provide Twitter content or derived information to under this use case.
6) After completing, please click on [Next].
- After reviewing the basic Info, please click on [Next].
- If you agree to the Developer agreement & policy, please click on the checkbox, then click [Submit application].
* Once the submission is complete, please review the e-mail message from Twitter [Subject line: Verify your Twitter Developer Account], and click on [Confirm your email]. Your email has been sent.
* If the approval is complete, you will receive an approval e-mail in your inbox. Please be patient until you receive the email.
The approval e-mail originates from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Account Application Approved. It may take a day until you receive the email.
▶ Create an app
* If your approval is completed, please direct to https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/projects-and-apps and click on [+Create APP] below.
* Please enter the name of your service under the field Name your APP.
* Copy [API Key] and [API Key Secret] as they are indicated in the fields Here are your keys & tokens.
* Click [App Settings] on the lower side.
* Click [Edit] in Authentication settings..
- Please activate by clicking on the right button of the Enable 3-legged OAuth.
- In callback URLs section fill in both fields [Primary Domain/account/social-login, Primary Domain/account/social-connect].
- Website URL: Please enter your main domain.
- Organization name (optional): Please enter the name of your company.
- Organization URL (optional): Please enter the homepage of your company.
- Terms of service (optional): Enter the URL of Terms of Service for the service that you intend to open on b.stage. After connecting the primary domain, you may review the URL by clicking on Terms of Service at [Profile or my menu > Terms of Service] on the website.
- After completing filling out all the required fields, please click [SAVE].
▶ Connecting to b.stage
- Please click b.stage Setting > Sign-up menu > Social sign-in connection settings > Add > Twitter.
- Fill in [API Key] and [API Key Secret] you copied from Twitter then Click Add.
- If the connection is added successfully, it is shown in social sing-in connection settings.