As you might have known, PAYPAL is a widely used in western countries, and is one of the most commonly used payment services in the world. Use your PAYPAL Business ID to connect to b.stage.
You may accept payments through PAYMENT immediately after connecting b.stage without separate review.
STEP 1: Choose [Receive payments with PayPal] and click [Next].
STEP 2: Enter your email address. Choose an email address that isn’t associated with a PayPal personal account. If you use an email address already associated with a PayPal personal account, that account will be closed.
STEP 3: Provide some basic information about your business, including the account owner’s name, the business name and address, your email address, and a business customer service contact. Once you’ve filled in all of the requested information, click [Agree and continue].
STEP 4: Supply additional information about your business. You’ll be asked to indicate whether your business is a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, nonprofit organization, or government organization. Depending on your response, you may be asked for information about the products or services your business provides, your business identification number, sales, or URL.
STEP 5: Provide your personal information. To set up your account, you’ll need to provide the last four digits of your social security number, your date of birth, and your home address. After you’ve completed this step, click Submit.
STEP 6: Confirm your email address. Within a few minutes, PayPal will send you an email to confirm the email address you’ve provided. Open the email, and verify your email address. This step is required to start using your account.
STEP 7: Provide your bank account information. Following the prompts in the email, log into PayPal and enter your bank account information. You can use a personal bank account number if you don’t have a business account. You’ll be asked for the name of your bank, the account number, and a routing number to complete this step.
Once complete, PayPal will send a verification request to your bank by making two small deposits into the account. This step takes three to five days, so check your bank account regularly for two small deposits from PayPal. When you see the transaction, you can take the final steps to set up your account.
STEP 8: Log into your PayPal account. You may be given additional instructions for verifying your banking information. Once complete, PayPal will prompt you to choose the payment methods your business will accept. At this stage, you’ll also be able to access all of the other features of a PayPal business account.
👉 Credit card registration
- After clicking the account name in the upper right corner, please go to [Account Settings].
- Please click [Money, banks and cards] > [Link a new card] under [Cards] section.
- Enter all the details including "Debit or credit card number", Card type, Expiration date, Security code and the Billing address.
- You may have to confirm the card for future transactions. Confirming can be done via [Edit] > [Confirm your card].
👉 Add a currency
- Click [Currency management] > [Add a currency] and choose the currency you want to add. (Currencies not listed are not supported by PAYPAL.)
- When you add a currency, all future payments you receive in that currency will be credited to that balance.The primary currency will be used when sending or requesting payments.
✔️ Please note the following when proceeding with PAYPAL:
• If you sign up with a domestic account:
ⓐ Domestic customers cannot pay with PAYPAL
ⓑ Only overseas customers excluding Korean can pay.
• If you sign up for a US account:
ⓐ Domestic customers can pay for a single payment.
ⓑ Domestic customers cannot pay for a regular payments.
ⓒ Only overseas customers excluding Korea can pay.
• Settlement may be suspended if payment and use are restricted according to PAYPAL's internal policies.
• Minimum age of owning a PAYPAL Business account is 18.
• If you are not registered for PAYPAL, you must complete PAYPAL registration to receive the payment. However, if it is not received within 30 days, the remittance will be automatically canceled.
• If your PAYPAL email is unverified, you will not be able to sell products with PAYPAL payment method.
• Payment/cancellation/inquiry will no longer proceed if PAYPAL is revoked. If there is a part that requires payment/cancellation with the account, please choose carefully as it may cause a claim.
For inquiries about PAYPAL, please contact to the information below:
• PAYPAL Customer Service: 1:1 Bullentin Board
• When contacting PAYPAL, please notify them that the partner company is "b.stage".