b.stage provides templates for the purpose of assisting you in publishing the basic items. These are based on the composition of the service and the scope of the provided service. Please refer to these examples and revise accordingly for your business needs and scopes.
Article 1 (Purpose)
This Terms of Service aims to regulate rights and responsibilities, conditions of service, procedures and other necessary provisions pertaining to the usage of service, between [YOUR COMPANY NAME] (hereinafter referred to as "Company"), and members (hereinafter referred to as "members") utilizing [YOUR SERVICE NAME] services (hereinafter referred to as "Service").
Article 2 (Definitions)
1. Definitions of the terms used in this Terms of Service are as the following subparagraphs.
a. "Services" means commerce services that allow a member to distribute tangible products, intangible products or services on the internet, services that allow a member to provide or sell contents, other added or affiliated services pertaining to such activities, and collectively, shopping mall implementation services that are offered by the Company.
b. A "user" means a person who has provided their information to services provided by another member and has agreed to Terms of Services for services of the member to register as a member to the services, and utilizes services operated by the member herein.
c. A "User ID" means a unique combination of characters and numbers in the form of an e-mail address provided by the Company upon the request of a member, in order to identify the member and facilitate the utilization of services.
d. A “Password” means a combination of characters, numbers, special characters, etc. designated by a member in order to verify a member using an assigned ID and protect the information of the member.
e. A "Dormant ID" means an account that is protected in case no access or login has been made by a member for a duration specified by the Company in order to prevent the abuse of customer information.
f. "Added Services" mean services requested by a member for operating services besides the basic services offered by the Company.
g. "Product" refers inclusively to tangible and intangible products; "Intangible Product" means contents that a member sells or assigns licenses within the Service, and a certificate of use that allows a purchaser to view such contents.
h. "Contents" mean a product in a data format structured in the form of voices, auditory signals, drawings, photographs, videos or links or a collection of such products over which a member has secured and retained legitimate rights and decided to provide to users through the services.
2. Definitions of the terms that are not specified in this Article shall be interpreted based on applicable laws and customary commercial practices.
Article 3 (Application for Purchase)
1. The User shall apply for purchase in the following or in a similar manner, and the 'Service' shall provide the User with the following information in an ‘easy-to-understand’ manner to aid in his/her request for purchase.
a. Search and select Goods and Services
b. Enter name of recipient, address, phone number, email address (or mobile phone number)
c. Confirm matter(s) in respect to the contents of this T&C, limited cancellation policies, delivery fees, installation fees, and others
d. Express agreement to this T&C and confirm or refuse the above Item 3 (ex. mouse click)
e. Apply and confirm purchase of goods; Agree to allow confirmation of application from the 'Service'
f. Select payment method
2. In case of an inevitable need (for the 'Service') to disclose∙consign consumer’s personal information to a third party, the 'Service' shall obtain consumer’s consent at the time of applying for purchase. This consent is not obtained in advance at the time of applying for Membership. At this time, the 'Service' shall specify to the consumer the provisions of personal information that are being disclosed, information of the receiving party, purpose and intent of use and the duration of retention∙use. But, consignment of personal information according to Clause 1 of Article 25 in the 「Act on Protection of Information and Promotion of Utilization of Information and Communications Network」 shall comply with relevant laws and legislations in regards to affairs not mentioned in the Act.
Article 4 (Conclusion of Contract)
1. The 'Service' may not accept request for purchase in Article 3 if it falls under one of the following items. In the event of concluding a contract with a minor, the 'Service' shall notify that the failure to acquire agreement from a legal representative may cause cancellation of the contract by the minor him/herself or the legal representative.
a. Entry of false information or omission in the registration form
b. Purchase of cigarettes and liquor and other Goods and Services prohibited by the Youth Protection Law
c. If deemed that accepting application for purchase may cause technical problems to the 'Service'
2. The contract is deemed to be concluded when the acceptance of the 'Service' is delivered to the User in the form stipulated in Clause 1 of Article 6.
3. The acceptance of the 'Service' shall include confirmation on the User’s request for purchase, availability of sales, and correction or cancellation of the request for purchase.
Article 5 (Payment Method)
The method of payment for Goods and Services purchased through the 'Service' may be selected from the following items. The 'Service' may not collect any additional fees regarding payment for Goods and Services.
1. Account transfer through phone banking, internet banking, mail banking and others.
2. Card payment through prepaid card, debit card, credit card, and others.
3. Electronic money
4. Mileage points or points offered by the 'Service'
5. Other means of electronic payment
Article 6 (Notice of Receipt, Change and Cancellation of Application for Purchase)
1. The 'Service' shall send a notice of receipt to the User after receiving the User’s application for purchase.
2. In the case of a discord between the User’s intent and the received notice, the User may change or cancel the application for purchase immediately after receipt. If the request for change or cancellation is made prior to delivery or user's request before viewing or using the sold content , the 'Service' shall process the request accordingly without any delay. In the event that payment has already been made, User shall follow the guidelines detailed in Article 9 - Cancellation of Purchase.
Article 7 (Provision of Goods and Services)
1. Unless otherwise specified, the 'Service' shall take necessary measures such as customizing production and packaging and deliver Goods and Services within 7 days from the date of purchase. However, if the 'Service' has already received payment in whole or in part, then delivery shall be processed within 3 business days from the date of receipt. In such instances, the 'Service' shall take necessary measures to inform the User on procedures of provision and delivery status of Goods and Services.
2. The 'Service' shall specify delivery method, payer, and delivery time for each delivery method for the Goods and Services purchased by the User. In the event that the 'Service' exceeds the designated period of delivery, it shall compensate the User for damages. However, this shall not apply if the 'Service' proves that such event is not caused by its intention or negligence.
Article 8 (Refund)
In the event that the Goods and Services are sold-out or unavailable and cannot be provided or delivered to a User who applied for purchase, the 'Service' shall notify the User without any delay, and if payment for Goods and Services has already been made in advance, the 'Service' shall take necessary measures or refund payment within 3 business days from the date of receipt.
Article 9 (Cancellation of Purchase)
1. The User who purchased Goods and Services by concluding the contract with the 'Service' in accordance to Clause ② of Article 13 in the 「Acts on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce」 may cancel purchase within 7 days from the date on which the User received a written contract (if the written contract is received later than the supply of Goods and Services, then the receipt date is set on the date when User received the Goods and Services or when Goods and Services have been supplied). But, cancellation of purchase according to 「Acts on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce」 shall comply with relevant laws and legislations in regards to affairs not mentioned in the Acts.
2. The User may not return or exchange Goods and Services in the event of one of the following reasons:
a. Delivered Goods lost or damaged at the fault of the User (however, cancellation of purchase may be acceptable if packaging was damaged in the process of checking content)
b. Significant decrease in value of Goods and Services due to partial use or consumption by the User
c. Not available for resale due to a significant decrease in value of Goods and Services from lapse of time
d. The Goods may be replaced by Goods showing the same performance, but packaging of the original is damaged
3. In the case of items 2 or 4 of Article 2 Clause 2, the cancellation of purchase by User will not be limited if the 'Service' failed to clearly specify the fact that cancellation of purchase is limited or that it would take necessary measures to provide the Goods.
4. Despite Clause 1 and 2, the User may cancel his/her purchase of goods within 3 months from the date of receipt of the goods or within 30 days from the date on which he/she recognized or could have recognized that Goods and Services differ from the advertisement or the provision of contract.
Article 10 (Effect of Cancellation of Purchase)
1. In the event of a return of Goods from a User, the 'Service' shall refund payment of Goods within 3 business days. In the event of a delay in refund, the 'Service' shall pay User with the interest calculated by the number of days delayed with the overdue interest rate indicated on the 「Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce」
2. In regards to the above-mentioned case, if the User made payment of Goods with credit card or electronic money, the 'Service' shall immediately request the business who provided such payment method to suspend or cancel payment.
3. In the event of any cancellation of purchase, the User shall bear the costs arising from returning the Goods. On the account of the User’s cancellation of purchase, the 'Service' shall not claim charge for cancellation or compensation for damage. However, in the event of a cancellation of purchase caused by a discord in the contents of Goods and the advertisement or the provision of contract, the 'Service' shall bear the costs of returning the Goods.
4. If the User bore the delivery fees when he/she received the Goods, the 'Service' shall specify and make noticeable as to who would bear the delivery fees upon cancellation of purchase.